Private Respite & Accommodation Services Pty Ltd has posted 1 job xxx
Disability Respite Care Workers Required
We are currently looking to employ Respite Care Worker’s on a casual basis who are available for shifts throughout the week and /or weekends across Ballarat and the surrounding areas.
Who we are:
Private Respite & Accommodation Services (PRAS) are a registered disability support service under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) currently offering services across Greater Geelong.
COMING TO BALLARAT & SURROUNDING AREAS – The service is now expanding and looking to support people with disability in Ballarat & the surrounding areas. PRAS provide one on one, low and high intensity respite support services for people with disabilities and their families/carers within the Service User’s or Care Worker’s home or in the community.
We undertake all aspects of service provision with confidentiality and professionalism and act with integrity and empathy; recognising the importance of trust, honesty and respect. We endeavour to match our staff with participants for a positive outcome for all.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- One on One support that meets participant’s individual needs and goals and provides opportunity for participants skill development
- Community Access – One on one support for recreational and leisure activities that enhance participants social skills
- Personal care and meal preparation as required
- Overnight respite in the Care Worker’s home, if applicable
- Completion of relevant documentation
What we offer :
- A meaningful and rewarding job
- Regular & ongoing supervision
- Rewarding remuneration As per Social and community, home care & disability services Award 2010
- A variety of shifts with flexible working hours and days
We are looking for applicants who are:
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Take initiative
- Have a friendly and patient approach
- Caring and understanding
- Respect privacy and confidentiality
- Current Drivers Licence, Roadworthy & Insured vehicle
What you must have:
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or equivalent qualification or Cert 111 Community Services Sector
- Current Level Two First Aid and CPR
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Comprehensive car insurance
- Satisfactory completion of both Police and Working With Children (Employee) Checks
Note: If you have lived outside of Australia for more than 12 months in the last 10 years, you will be required to supply an international police check from the country where you lived. Employment cannot commence until this check is received and assessed.
How to Apply:
If you want to join us in supporting people with disabilities in our community, please send an up to date resume with at least two referees to [email protected]
- Address 35-37 Walsgott Street, North Geelong 3215