We currently have a full-time position available for an experienced, highly motivated Accountant to join our growing team.
We are an accounting firm based in Ballarat catering to small to medium enterprises.
We are a tightly knit and friendly team and are looking for someone to join our team who has a can-do attitude. In return, we offer:
- a flexible working environment, with a strong emphasis on work-life balance
- reporting directly to the Manager
- Study support will be available for the right candidate
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provision of accounting and advisory services to a group of clients in a professional and prompt manner including direct client contact.
- Preparation of financial statements, tax returns and BAS for various entities
- Working closely with and supporting the supervising accountant and manager to ensure work is completed in a timely manner
Requirements of this position:
- Degree qualified and preferably has commenced CA or CPA studies
- Broad knowledge of Australian taxation laws
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with WorkflowMax or similar practice software coupled with strong Excel and Word skills
- Proficiency with small business accounting software such as Xero or MYOB
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to demonstrate initiative
- Sound organisational and time management skillsThe ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in an Australian accounting firm and preferably in Business Services.
To apply please send your resume and covering letter to [email protected]
- This job has expired!
Building and managing a successful business requires the support of a qualified accountant who not only ensures tax compliance but, importantly, focuses on the financial health of the business and the wealth of the individual owners.
Butler Chartered Accountants (‘Butler’) prides itself on its commitment to providing expert advice that delivers positive outcomes in regard to profitability, cash flow, net asset growth and maximising returns.
With offices in Ballarat and Melbourne, the Butler team is well positioned to service the needs of its ever growing client base.
Butler provides their service in an independent, unbiased manner. They consider themselves experts in the accounting field which gives you the confidence that your financial affairs are being taken care of by independent experts. Other firms may provide a “one stop shop” but Butler prefers to remain specialists in accounting and taxation.
- Address 18 Doveton Street North, Ballarat
- Work for a local company in a small finance team
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to Bank, Sales, and Purchasing modules
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to external documents e.g. stock, loans
- Communicate issues to other members of the finance team
- Process correction errors (journals, other transaction entries)
How To Apply
To apply please email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]
- This job has expired!
Dairy is a part of the Meredith Dairy Group and prides its self on the high
quality, award wining goat and sheep dairy products that it produces. The Meredith Dairy Group is located in a
rural location (11km west of Meredith Victoria) using sustainable agriculture
practices, the goats and sheep are milked just a short distance from where the
dairy products are produced, minimising the carbon foot print and guaranteeing
the freshness of our products
About Health-e Workforce Solutions
Health-e Workforce Solutions (HWS) is an award winning leading provider of unique consultancy and software solutions to the Healthcare industry both nationally and internationally, enabling hospitals to run more efficiently while optimising patient care.
HWS Software enables proactive workforce management that reduces the reliance on high cost staff, and simplifies the task of matching appropriately skilled employees. HWS also partners with hospitals to transform their approach to workforce management utilising our internally developed software to build virtual organisation and modelling staffing scenarios.
Smartgroup one of Australia’s leading salary packaging providers and is an ASX listed company which has recognised the unique service offering and acquired a 50% share in HWS in 2015.
About the Role
A newly created full-time position has arisen in Ballarat, this role will report directly to Chief Executive Officer of Health-e Workforce Solutions and will play a pivotal role in supporting all general reporting requirements, technical reporting and engaging with the consultancy offering of HWS.
Exposure to tax, year-end processes and driving efficiencies would see you succeed in this unique hybrid role.
The core duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly board packs and relevant commentary
- Accurate financial reporting and commentary and analysis
- Timely completion of month end tasks; accruals, prepayments, reconciliations, journal postings
- Tax compliance including FBT, Payroll, PAYG and BAS
- Assisting with rolling budgeting and forecasting (internally and externally)
- Identify and implement process improvements, seek input from internal stakeholders, provide advice and action
We are looking for experienced candidates who have:
- CA or CPA qualified (or near completion)
- Accounting and Taxation experience in a medium to large Accounting firm and/or experience in a similar reporting function partnering with the business
- Previous consultancy experience would be of benefit but not essential
- A proven ability to communicate effectively, particularly with timeline and issues management
- A focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- An ability to work with a variety of systems and automation
Opportunities for career progression and travel will be administered through a generous work-life balance structure. A great time to join a dynamic and fast moving organisation.
To apply, please forward your resume & cover letter to [email protected] before 17 April 2017.
- This job has expired!
Health-e Workforce Solutions delivers consultancy and unique software products to support health services in addressing their individual human resource management needs. Health-e Workforce Solutions offers a suite of targeted software applications that are designed to facilitate the analysis and management of hospital workforces.