An exciting opportunity exists to be part of our team at the Ballarat Childcare Co-operative. You could be part of a dynamic and dedicated professional team of educators working in a supportive and stimulating environment with great resources, inviting play spaces and beautiful large outdoor areas.
BCCC is a 44 place not-for-profit parent managed community service committed to providing high quality education programs that enrich and enhance the lives of children. Our professional team of educators are dedicated to providing a nurturing, educational and child safe environment.
We are seeking-
- Certificate III Qualified Educator (level 3) 4 days per week, starting late October 2017.
- Diploma Qualified Educator (level 4) fulltime (9 day fortnight) commencing January 2018. (12 month maternity leave position)
- Casual/relief positions are also available for both Diploma and Certificate III
New graduates are welcome to apply
To be successfully considered for these positions, you must be reliable, motivated, have a genuine interest in children, have excellent communication skills, committed to providing a child safe environment, be flexible in your work environment and have the ability to work in a team. The right applicant will be a self motivated and enthusiastic person, who enjoys the freedom to develop their ideas and implement a fun, educational and engaging program.
- An ACECQA approved education and care qualifications as required by the Education and Care Services National Law Act (Victoria)
- Current WWCC
- Consent to being a Certified Supervisor for the centre
- A working knowledge of the National Quality Standards, Child Safe Standards, the Education and Care Services National Law Act and the Education and Care Services National Regulations
- Knowledge of child protection protocols
- Current Level II First Aid training, Anaphylaxis and Asthma management training as prescribed in Education and Care Services National Law Act (Victoria)
- Demonstrated experience and ability to establish warm, nurturing and responsive relationships with children and to sensitively meet their needs
- A working knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children aged 0-6 years, including children with additional needs and an understanding of theories of early childhood development
- Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing programs that enhance children’s engagement and learning and supports each child in developing a strong sense of self and community
- A dedication to continuous improvement for self, the Centre and the wider community
How To Apply
Please contact Sue at [email protected] or 53331601 for a position description and application form. The salary is in accordance with the Professional Childcare Standard 2015. Closing date for all applications 11th October, 2017. Please submit a cover letter addressing the key criteria and a current resume to [email protected]
- This job has expired!
The Ballarat Childcare Co-operative
is a not for profit community-based education and care service, we are
committed to providing a fun, educational, inspiring, welcoming, warm and
inviting education and care for 44 daily children aged 6 weeks to 6 years, we pride
ourselves on our strong commitment to quality childcare and early childhood