- Mixed Crop Farm Worker also known as General Farm Hand
- Beaufort Location including interstate work for extended periods (4-5 weeks Oct-Dec)
BGT are the local apprenticeship and trainee specialists, providing employment solutions to businesses. We have available a Certificate III Agriculture Apprenticeship.
The successful candidate may need to undertake a Pre-employment Medical, Drug Screen and Police Check.
Duties may include:
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops
- operating farm machines to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest field crops
- maintaining, repairing and cleaning plant and machinery, buildings and fences.
- loading and unloading grain into trucks for transport
- welding and metal fabrication
- To secure this role, you will need the following attributes:
- Punctual, Reliable and well organized
- Possess a car license
- Ability to become licensed to drive a Heavy Rigid truck
- Comfortable to work long hours
- Pass a mechanical aptitude test
- Ability to work in a Team
- Physically fit
- Honest, reliable and able to demonstrate good work ethics
- Ability to listen and learn
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to completing an Apprenticeship
- Non smoker
There are currently 700 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers in Victoria. Over the next five years, the size of this relatively small occupation is expected to grow. Employment prospects for the next five years are stable.
To apply for this position please send your resume, along with a covering letter marked to the attention of Ned Gregory, quoting reference number ‘NG003’ to PO Box 308, Ballarat Vic. 3353 or email [email protected]
Closing Date 5pm Friday 3rd of March, 2017
- This job has expired!
Ballarat’s Trainee, Apprenticeship and Training Specialist. BGT provides opportunities for people looking for an Apprenticeship or Traineeship. We also specialise in nationally recognised training courses.
- GP037 Warehousing and Removals- Full Time Traineeship (Certificate III in Warehousing Operations)
- Help Desk Officer – Certificate IV in Information, Digital Media and Technology Traineeship.
- GP036 Retail Sales and Customer service- Full Time Retail Traineeship (Certificate III in Retail Operations)
- GP035 Certificate III Agriculture Traineeship
- DM034 Engineering Scholarship. Certificate II in Metal Fabrication