Aus Net Servers Australia Pty ltd, is seeking a Network Engineer will have demonstrated ability to facilitate network infrastructure installations and ongoing maintenance within our Melbourne / Ballarat data centres. Seccessful candidate will need to undergo national police checks as well as extensive referee checks. This will be an initial contract with a possibility of extension. Successful candidate will require their own reliable transportation, active ABN, PI and PL insurance.
- Complete assigned tasks and projects in data network support or projects, including network connections, equipment upgrades, network implementation and configuration as directed by management.
- Provide assistance, until assigned projects have been transitioned to Support, as directed in maintaining and supporting the data networks to agreed service levels and procedures.
- Manage own workload to achieve results to agreed standards and within agreed time frames; provide regular progress reports.
- Maintain effective communication with upstream carriers, managers and stakeholders; escalate issues and risks promptly to facilitate speedy resolution and maintain agreed timelines for completion.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary or industry qualifications in a data communications related field e.g. Bachelor IT or Elect Eng., relevant industry experience.
- Experience (3-5 years) and knowledge of data communications and HP networking equipment in a complex state / national networked environment.
- Experience (3-5 years) in the design, build, configuration, testing, deployment, support and management of the HP Switches, Routers and Firewalls will be highly regarded.
- Mandatory experience with Mikrotik Routers / Switches specifically with BGP / EOIP.
- Mandatory experience with VMware ESXI / vCentre
- Strong understanding of dual stacked networking (IPv4 / IPV6)
- Ability to independently manage your own work load to agreed priorities and timelines across multiple projects simultaneously, with a structured and organised approach, and possess mentoring and coaching skills for less experienced technical staff. Familiarity with working in time tracking and project reporting environments along with knowledge of Project Management and Project Management Methodologies.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to communicate complex network technology concepts to non-technical staff; ability to present and communicate confidently with service providers and clients; proven experience in handover processes to system support groups.
Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.