- Dairy Livestock Farm Worker also known as General Farm Hand
- Ballarat Location
BGT are the local apprenticeship and trainee specialists, providing employment solutions to businesses. We have available a Certificate III Agriculture Traineeship.
The successful candidate may need to undertake a Pre-employment Medical, Drug Screen and Police Check.
Duties may include:
- Assist in set up, operation and maintenance, of the milking equipment
- Assist in milking the cows according to standards outlined in the farm Quality Assurance program
- Clean the milking plant and yards after each milking, and operate the waste management system
- Feed and assist in rearing calves until weaning age, ensuring optimum health and growth rate
- Identify and isolate from milk supply those cows whose milk is unfit for human consumption
- Assist with treatment of cows, with medication when required, and record all treatments in line with QA requirements
- Assist with herd recording monthly, and maintain cattle identification and records relating to calving dates, joining and heat detection.
To secure this role, you will need the following attributes:
- Reliability and punctuality
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be part of a team working towards the farm goals.
- Possess a car license (BGTor be able to get to work on time)
- Comfortable to work long hours
- Pass a mechanical aptitude test
- Physically fit
- Honest, reliable and able to demonstrate good work ethics
- Ability to listen and learn
- Attention to Detail and record keeping skills
- Commitment to completing an Traineeship
There are currently 700 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers in Victoria. Over the next five years, the size of this relatively small occupation is expected to grow. Employment prospects for the next five years are stable.
To apply for this position please send your resume, along with a covering letter marked to the attention of Grant Pritchard, quoting reference number ‘GP035’ to PO Box 308, Ballarat Vic. 3353 or email [email protected]
- This job has expired!
Ballarat’s Trainee, Apprenticeship and Training Specialist. BGT provides opportunities for people looking for an Apprenticeship or Traineeship. We also specialise in nationally recognised training courses.