Daylesford Acute Unit
Permanent Full Time
An exciting opportunity exists for a Nurse Unit Manager looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a dynamic small rural health service. Under the direction of the Director of Nursing (DON), the NUM has a strong leadership role and assumes responsibility for the day to day operational and clinical management of nursing, personal care and clerical services.
As a leader, the NUM exhibits effective communication and problem solving skills and a keen understanding of the dynamic nature of the health and residential aged care sectors. A clear knowledge of clinical governance, an ability to instigate change and delegate responsibilities, encourage professional development and enhance the quality of nursing practice are pivotal to the role of the NUM. Essential to the role is to foster an inter and multi-disciplinary management approach, based on an understanding of the processes and systems involved in the provision of quality and safe patient and resident care.
This is a varied role with the unit encompassing 16 acute and two TCP beds, urgent care, dialysis and an operating theatre. The successful applicant will have previous experience in a leadership role, together with excellent clinical skills, demonstrated strong change management skills and a passion for driving excellence in the provision of care.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Extensive experience in the commitment to ensuring safe, quality care for patients, residents and their representatives in a health and residential aged care setting.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Registered Nurse.
- Strong acute care experience with current Advanced Life Support certificate or working towards OR recent experience in residential aged care and working knowledge of the Departmental funding instruments.
- Extensive and contemporary clinical and management experience in Nursing with sound knowledge of the Safe Patient Care Act 2015, relevant EBAs and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Standards for Practice for Registered and Enrolled Nurses and how these apply to the acute and residential aged care settings.
- Proven ability to manage a multidisciplinary team across a range of services and a capacity to effectively lead positive change processes.
- Demonstrated effective management of human, financial and physical resources.
- Extensive knowledge of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards or the Accreditation Standards for Residential Aged Care and the Standards for Rainbow Tick, as applicable.
- Strong computer and systems literacy.
Enquiries to Julie Devey, Director of Nursing, Daylesford on 5321 6575 or [email protected]
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 3rd July 2017 and should be addressed to:
People & Culture Officer
PO Box 465
Daylesford Victoria 3460
or by email: [email protected]
Please note that along with a covering letter and resume applicants must address the key selection criteria in order to be considered.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the Hepburn Health Service website www.hhs.vic.gov.au and select ‘Job Vacancies’
Hepburn Health Service is an innovative and dynamic rural health and wellbeing service working in partnership with communities across the Hepburn Shire.
Our communities are richly diverse with wide differences in health and wellbeing status. A complex range of ongoing services are required for our rural population of 17,000 people. Being located within a major tourist region brings added complexity with large population fluctuations.
Our region experiences above the Victorian state average in the incidence of chronic disease, its socio-economic disadvantage and in population ageing.
Hepburn Health Service is committed to providing dynamic and innovative community outreach and bed-based services, either directly itself or through effective partnership arrangements.
Incorporating health promotion principles, our services encompass all stages of life, including keeping people well, early intervention, treatment of illness, and aged care through to dignified dying.
Hepburn Health provides a comprehensive range of integrated programs and services that are focussed on maintaining and improving the health and wellbeing of those living in our communities.
- Acute Care
- Integrated Primary Care
- Integrated Aged Care
- Residential Aged Care