Our multi award winning Club is looking for enthusiastic & dedicated individual to join our team of hospitality professionals.
The Club accommodates a 160 seat bistro/lounge/ area in our Flying Horse Venue which operates 7 days a week.
In addition we have Ballarat’s biggest function space which hosts a 350 seat trackside restaurant and a 500 seat function room. We specialise in race night dining, corporate & social events including weddings and provide modern facilities with exceptional service.
The Club is currently seeking applications for the position of Full time Chef.
The successful candidate will as part of a team:
- Oversee & co-ordinate daily kitchen operations
- Be a hands-on organised and supportive
- Be responsible for the smooth day to day running of the catering operations
- Work closely with the Club’s Head Chef, Co Sous Chef and Management Team and be a positive ambassador to an established and dedicated team
- Deliver fresh, authentic and imaginative food to a diverse clientele
Required skills & attributes:
- Be trade qualified
- Be familiar with cost controlling & benchmarks
- Able to monitor and control stock
- Computer literate
- Have a sound understanding of food safety legislation
- Grill Experience
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, particularly weekend work across 7 days
- Lead by example
Most importantly the successful candidate needs to have the desire to deliver an exceptional dining experience to members and guests.
Salary & benefits:
An attractive salary package, career development, and superannuation, will be offered commensurate with experience. Employment will be under the Registered and Licensed Club Awards 2010.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close COB Friday 8th September 2017
Please forward your covering letter and resume to:
Rebecca Bell Flying Horse Venue Manager
- This job has expired!
Ballarat & District Trotting Club is an iconic business in Ballarat specialising in harness racing, functions, bistro and entertainment.
We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and quality produce.
We are a large business made up of a large team of professionals with many years experience between them.
- Address 701 Bell Street Redan 3350