- Values based organisation
- Great people, great culture and great employee benefits
- Growth industry – additional roles due to growth and internal moves/promotions
A home is more than four walls and backyard—it’s a sanctuary. We believe that a new home should be shaped by lifestyle and needs—not the other way around! Come join our family and help our clients build their sanctuary. Be an integral part of the journey to creating dream homes by providing accurate estimates to ensure homes are built with quality products, on time and within cost.
We are seeking a range of experienced Estimators to join our rapidly expanding Estimating Team. These roles offer the perfect opportunity to progress your career whilst working for a building company that truly values you and our clients. Our brand and customer centred approach is key. Values, behaviours, and ‘can-do’ attitude is just as important as experience. Whilst we work hard, we also ensure that we recognise our staff in various ways through shout outs, staff events, functions etc.
About the role
Our Estimators work closely with other team members from the Langdon Family to provide accurate and timely estimates to ensure cost effective timely builds to meet our client’s expectations and deliver their dream homes. The key responsibilities of our Estimators include, but are not limited to:
- Reading and interpreting building plans to provide accurate estimates, quantity takes off and preparation of bill of quantities
- Preparation of cost estimates and cost plans
- Liaising with the management, estimating team, drafting administration contractors, suppliers and site supervisors
- Ensuring quotes, costs, BOQs and purchase orders are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide accurate pricing of design variations to a standard set of drawings and inclusions
- Presenting quality accurate information to operational teams for each build.
- Advising and settling of contractual cost disputes with suppliers and sub-contractors
Identifying opportunities and innovative ideas to provide cost effective house building and add value to our clients
We require a self-motivated, results orientated individual to join our growing Building Construction team. To succeed you must be:
- Customer focussed, looking at the estimating process through the eyes of the client
- Experienced in Sales and/or Production estimating in new home and/or residential estimating,
- Extremely well organised with high attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects to achieve deadlines.
- Able to produce quality documentation within required timeframes ensuring attention to detail
- Outgoing, friendly and able to build rapport with people on all levels
- An energetic, enthusiastic professional with excellent presentation
- A team player who is also capable of working independently
- Highly computer literate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with high-level problem-solving skills and the initiative to act in line with the organisation’s objectives
Join our family
Operating for over 15 years Langdon Building is one of Victoria’s most rapidly growing builders operating across Ballarat, Bendigo, Surf Coast and Melbourne. Building both domestic and wholesale markets. Langdon Building is a fast moving, constantly changing and robust organisation which has a strong passion for people, community, and innovation.
A career with Langdon Building is unlike any other. You will be inspired, supported, challenged and you will be proud! Whatever your role is, you will be part of something big whilst making peoples dreams a reality. Our values are not just words on paper – they are imbedded in everything we think, do and say.
We are an inclusive and diverse organisation and welcome applicants from all walks of life.
Please contact Mark Sanna on 5334 3045 for a confidential discussion.