Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO)Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO
At ACSO, we look for people who believe in second chances, who share our values and are passionate about supporting forensic clients to re integrate back into the community. If this sounds like you, read on!
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a vibrant, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with Government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We are an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community where prison truly is the last resort. Our purpose is to strengthen the wellbeing of our communities by advocating for and delivering services which divert people away from the justice system.
About the role
Forensic Case Workers will be responsible for delivering pre- and post- release support to their allocated participants and will work intensively with prisons, courts and where applicable, with community corrections to successfully reintegrate participants. The Forensic Case Worker will be responsible for record keeping (including data entry and case-noting) and providing assertive outreach and interventions to at-risk and vulnerable cohorts.
Please note, due to the client group, we are ideally seeking male staff for this position*.
About the program
To learn more about this program, check out the program summary under the ‘job attachments’ tab.
What we’re looking for
· Minimum of 2 years’ relevant or equivalent experience
· The ability to enter and work in a prison environment
· Experience developing support plans and goal attainment strategies
· Confidence and ability to build positive relationships and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities
· Knowledge and competency in casework practices
· Demonstrated capacity to work flexibly, possess the ability to manage competing demands, and able to effectively set boundaries and limits where required
· An extensive background working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
What ACSO can offer you
· $64,500 base salary + 9.5 % superannuation + NFP salary packaging options (more after tax $ in your pocket! $75k approx. package)
· Paid parental leave
· 17.5% annual leave loading
· Learning and development opportunities
· Wellbeing initiatives such as free flu vaccines, Employee Assistance Program and Reward and Recognition Program
· Flexible working arrangements
To apply and view the position description (PD), please visit our careers website and provide a copy of your resume, a brief covering letter and a document outlining responses to the selection criteria found in the PD.
Applications close 23 November 2020.
*ACSO considers that the requirement of being male falls under an exception under the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
ACSO embraces diversity within its workforce and as such encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island heritage. ACSO acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pays respect to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.