Ballarat Childcare Co-operative44 place not-for-profit parent managed community service
Qualified Educators: Ballarat Childcare Co-operative
An exciting opportunity exists to be part of our team at the Ballarat Childcare Co-operative. You could be part of a dynamic and dedicated professional team of educators working in a supportive and stimulating environment with great resources, inviting play spaces and beautiful large outdoor areas.
BCCC is a 44 place not-for-profit parent managed community service committed to providing high quality education programs that enrich and enhance the lives of children. Our professional team of educators are dedicated to providing a nurturing, educational and child safe environment.
We are seeking qualified early childhood educators.
Diploma Qualified Educator – Permanent Part time (12 month contract)
Diploma and Certificate III Qualified Educators – Casual/relief staff
To be successfully considered for these positions, you must be reliable, motivated, have a genuine interest in children, have excellent communication skills, committed to providing a child safe environment, be flexible in your work environment and have the ability to work in a team. The right applicant will be a self motivated and enthusiastic person, who enjoys the freedom to develop their ideas and implement a fun, educational and engaging program.
• An ACECQA approved education and care qualifications as required by the Education and Care Services National Law Act (Victoria)
• Current WWCC
• Consent to being a Certified Supervisor for the centre
• A working knowledge of the National Quality Standards, Child Safe Standards, the Education and Care Services National Law Act and the Education and Care Services National Regulations
• Knowledge of child protection protocols
• Current First Aid training, Anaphylaxis and Asthma management training as prescribed in Education and Care Services National Law Act (Victoria)
• Demonstrated experience and ability to establish warm, nurturing and responsive relationships with children and to sensitively meet their needs
• A working knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of children aged 0-6 years, including children with additional needs and an understanding of theories of early childhood development
• Demonstrated experience of developing and implementing programs that enhance children’s engagement and learning and supports each child in developing a strong sense of self and community
• A dedication to continuous improvement for self, the service and the wider community
How to apply:
Please contact Sue at [email protected] or 53331601 for a position description and application form. The salary is in accordance with the Professional Childcare Standard 2018. Closing date for all applications Thursday December 10th, 2020. Please submit a cover letter addressing the key criteria and a current resume to [email protected]