Ballarat Health Services, Security Department is seeking applications from suitably qualified security officers that are highly motivated and wish to join and be part of the ongoing development of a multi-disciplinary security team.
The role calls for applicants with a high degree of flexibility, initiative and willingness to learn. You will need to be experienced with security procedures, have excellent written, interpersonal and computer skills.
Potential candidates must be able to demonstrate maturity, empathy and sensitivity to deal with difficult and stressful situations whilst maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff, visitors and patients.
To be considered a potential candidate for interview, applicants must hold a current Victorian Security Licence – Crowd Controller and Security Guard License, Certificate II in Security Operations (or suitable equivalent) and a current National Police Certificate (issued within the past 12 months), First Aid Certificate Level 2 and a current Working with Children Check (for employees).
The successful applicants must be able to work across a 24/7 roster.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Possess a minimum of Certificate II – Security Operations
• Possess First Aid Certificate Level 2
• Possess current Working with Children Check (for Employees)
• Possess a National Police Certificate (less than 12 months)
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, carers, staff and others
• Well-developed written skills
• Ability to utilize computer software, particularly use of the Microsoft Office suite
If you feel that you are suited to this exciting opportunity, applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e-recruit portal. If you have any further enquiries please contact Vaughan Jones on 5320 8905.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.