Business Analyst – Regional BOSSnet Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Information Technology Department
Permanent Full time
80 hours a fortnight with Monthly ADO
The Information Management team has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst supporting the BOSSnet Electronic Medical Record for Grampians Rural Health Alliance (GRHA) Health Services. This role is part of the centralised application portfolio team, working from Ballarat Health Services (BHS), reporting directly to the Applications Manager.
This role has a primary focus on supporting the nine regional sites within GRHA using BOSSnet, providing them with ongoing business as usual (BAU) support and development of the BOSSnet clinical application to meet organisational requirements. The incumbent will work within a dynamic motivated team, working closely with BHS and regional stakeholders and the application vendor to ensure system potential is maximised, organisational and user needs are met, and systems are aligned with the wider GRHA strategy.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Tertiary degree in either a clinical discipline, IT, Health Information Management, Health Informatics or similar and/or minimum 5 years’ similar practical experience
- Excellent relationship skills and managing multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in the use of health service application systems (proven experience in supporting, updating and configuring the back end of health applications and modules, BOSSnet experience would be highly regarded)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in an environment of change and development
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Hold a current Victorian driver’s license as the role at times requires visits to Grampians region’s health services
- Experience within the healthcare industry
- Training or experience in Project Management and methodology
Enquiries can be directed to Claire Bridson on 0467 713 162 or Tina Smith on 0403 432 013
All applications must be submitted online. Please include your Resume, Cover Letter and address the Key Selection Criteria
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance.
Employing around 4,300 staff, BHS’ mission is to deliver quality care to the communities we serve by providing safe, accessible and integrated health services resulting in positive experiences and outcomes. Our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability and Compassion are central to our organisation and this role in achieving these outcomes.
Ballarat allows you the best of both worlds. You will enjoy the lifestyle that a large progressive regional city affords with the beauty of a rural environment – and Melbourne is only 75 minutes’ away. Ballarat’s dining scene is vibrant with a diverse restaurant and emerging Café scene. Ballarat has some of the state’s top primary and secondary schools. First class sporting, social events and recreational activities are all available. Low commuting times, affordable housing, lifestyle, investment and employment opportunities are all reasons why more than 2,000 people choose to relocate to Ballarat every year.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.