BHS Dental Clinic
Permanent Full Time
76 hours per fortnight
Ballarat Health Services (BHS) is seeking a qualified Dentist to join our dynamic dental team in the provision of high quality dental services to the local community.
The successful applicant will be joining an experienced and dedicated public dental team and have the support of many experienced clinicians and dental assistants who are committed to mentoring new graduates.
This position will be based at our new state of the art dental clinic in Sebastopol and may be required to work from time to time at our Wendouree clinic or on other off site projects.
An attractive remuneration package is available including salary packaging and superannuation.
Key Selection Criteria
- Formally recognized tertiary qualifications in Dentistry.
- Current registration by Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Oral Health Therapist.
- Operator Licence to use Irradiating Apparatus as specified in the Health (Radiation Safety) Regulations.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- Substantial knowledge of all aspects of dentistry, embracing contemporary approaches relevant to the target population.
- Demonstrated highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to provide consultancy services on a broad range of issues related to dental services.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the unique requirements of clients from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the unique requirements of clients from disadvantaged groups.
- Advanced skills in the effective participation in a multi-disciplinary team.
- The ability to maintain effective work relationships and clinical effectiveness in an environment which is often pressured.
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles and systems of continuous improvement in the access to and delivery of dental services.
For further enquiries contact Jacqui Nolan – Operations Director Dental Services on 5320 4225.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check, Working with Children check & Immunisation Clearance and satisfying BHS credentialing requirements.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.