Patient Services Manager
Health Information Services
Permanent Full Time
80 hours per fortnight with monthly ADO
The purpose of this position is to manage the staff and functions of the Patient Services teams to deliver quality, person centred services to BHS patients. Functions include patient registration, ED attendance, emergency and elective admissions and private patient administrative management.
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes’ drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 100,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
- Management of rostering to ensure fairness, transparency and staff well being
- Shared on call for shift coverage of 24/7 team
- Foster team cultures of respect, open and honest communication, support and teamwork.
- Develop and maintain Position Descriptions for all roles within Patient Services
- Allocation of duties and monitoring to ensure satisfactory completion of tasks
- Provide structured training in standardised processes for new and existing staff
- Conduct of annual Performance and Development Reviews (PDR)
- Undertake recruitment processes to build and maintain an effective and cohesive team
- Gain and maintain knowledge of the functions and processes sufficient to work a regular shift
- Review, standardise and refine processes to provide a consistent, efficient and effective service
- Develop and maintain clear, concise process documentation.
- Ensure processes and training facilitate accuracy of data capture.
Key selection criteria include:
- Experience in the effective management of a medium sized team with demonstrated ability to lead, direct and motivate staff
- Strong organisational, process and change management skills demonstrating logic, critical thinking, problem solving, consultation, decision making and implementation of workable solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to listen, comprehend and convey information to variable audience
For more information, please contact Pauline Basilio on (03) 5320 4861 or via email [email protected]
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in your application as detailed in the Position Description.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check and Immunisation Clearance.
Ballarat Health Services is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.