Private Billing Officer
Private Billing Services
Permanent Part Time: 48 hours per fortnight, 3 x days per week (Wednesday, Thursday & Friday)
Ballarat Health Services (BHS) operates the Ballarat Base Hospital, the largest regional hospital in the Grampians region. It is the principal referral hospital for the entire region, which extends from Bacchus Marsh to the South Australian border, an area of 48,000 square kilometres. More than 230,000 people, or 4.4 per cent of the population of Victoria, live in the Grampians Region.
Employing around 4,000 staff, BHS’ mission is to deliver quality care to the communities we serve by providing safe, accessible and integrated health services resulting in positive experiences and outcomes
The Private Billing Services department at BHS currently has a vacancy for a Private Billing Officer position.
The position reports to the Private Billing Manager and is responsible for the following areas:
- Effective revenue generation as required, incorporating the maintenance of Debtor Account Details, and the raising of accurate & timely invoices.
- Maximising revenue, through identifying coding opportunities, evaluating best outcomes through changes of admission types in compliance with the Department of Health and Private Health Funds
- Auditing of outpatient claim item numbers to ensure best revenue opportunities, analysing previous annual claims for each patient under each service provider
- To raise accounts, undertake appropriate follow-up and liaising with patients, health funds, WorkCover, TAC, HIC and the Private Patient Manager as required.
- The resolution of outstanding Debtor accounts, associated queries and issues.
- Quoting for self-insured patients and evaluating the procedures to ensure all aspects of the episode is accounted for.
- Conferring with medical professionals, patients, medical practices and insurance companies on clinical issues concerning their patient
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.