2021 Surgical Registrar (Unaccredited)
Division of Surgery
Fixed Term – Full Time
12 Month Contract (2021 Clinical Year)
Ballarat Health Services has two vacancies for unaccredited registrars to work on a fixed term contract in 2021 to assist in the delivery of care to surgical patients and to further develop or consolidate expertise appropriate to the stage of training. One position is a general surgical based post and one is an orthopaedic based post. Both may be required to provide cross cover across the surgical specialities at times to cover leave.
The position aims to provide experience required for further progress into surgical training programs.
Key Responsibilities Include:
– To provide for the day to day clinical management of patients under the care and direction of the relevant Consultant to ensure high quality patient care.
– To undertake administrative duties for the Unit and under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor to ensure that the Unit is run efficiently.
– To provide relief for leave cover in Specialty Surgical units.
Key Selection Criteria:
– Demonstrated experience and skills, appropriate to stage of training in the assessment and clinical management of surgical patients.
– Understanding of the relevant legislation pertaining to Medical Officers.
– High level interpersonal and communication skills.
– Evidence of ongoing professional development.
– Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
– Ability to operate in an environment of change.
Ballarat Health Services comprises the Base Hospital (221 acute beds), Queen Elizabeth Centre (Sub Acute Care 70 beds) and Psychiatric Services (67 beds]. New short stay unit and modern, emergency, critical care, ambulatory, aged care and rehabilitation facilities uniquely integrate in-patient, ambulatory, community and home based services. Ballarat Health Services is a major training site for the University of Melbourne and Deakin Rural Clinical Schools. Senior staff are strongly committed to teaching and the professional development of Interns, HMOs and Registrars.
Ballarat offers a superb regional lifestyle with excellent public and private schools, recreational and sporting facilities, shopping, entertainment and cultural pursuits. Country or city living is available within minutes of the hospital and there is easy access to Melbourne (80 minutes).
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance.
Enquiries regarding this position can be made via email to [email protected]
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.