Beaufort and Skipton Health Service is a rural health service that provides urgent care, community health, medical services, acute care and residential aged care in integrated units at Beaufort and Skipton. This role is based on our Beaufort campus, just 30 minute drive from Ballarat.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Graduate Accountant. This diverse role will provide you with experience across the whole of the finance function of the health service and is a great place to start your health finance career.
Working as part of a close-knit team you will provide a support in broad range of finance functions, including business analysis and development, reconciliations, end of month processing, general journals, KPI reporting, asset maintenance, reporting and governance functions and assisting with audit requirements and other financial tasks as required.
With fantastic training and mentoring structures in place, Beaufort and Skipton Health Service is an ideal environment for any graduate to learn and expand on their skill set, and as such open to applications from both current Accountants and students in their final year of studies, who are looking for a role to kick-start their career.
Key requirements include:
· Strong knowledge/theory on financial accounting
· Ability to work independently and proactively, with a high level of contribution to the organisation
· Ability to contribute effectively as a participative and supportive team member and able to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Well-developed interpersonal, consultative, verbal and written communication skills
· High level of computer skills and an aptitude for finance systems
· Demonstrate evidence of commitment of ongoing education and professional development.
There are many benefits to working with Beaufort and Skipton Health Service, including:
· attractive salaries in line with relevant awards and certified agreements
· excellent salary packaging
· training and professional development opportunities
· staff health and well-being incentives, including free flu injections
· a lifestyle and family-friendly workplace; breast-feeding friendly
· Diverse work environment with multi-disciplinary teams
· Modern and bright work spaces
· flexible working hours where possible
· quit smoking initiatives
· employee assistance program