Destination Safe EarthClimate & environmental #Research2Public
Destination Safe Earth is start-up sole operator business which seeks to produce quality online content in a more seamless manner.
It needs SET-UP assistance with the following:
- One-on-one coaching of staff in how to more effectively use imovie / NCH movie making software to make short online videos under 5 minutes, which are engaging and have text over the top of the video and some music.
- Advice on imovie and Photostage Professional by NCH Software
- Advice and assistance on technical set-up for podcasting / you-tube / zoom filmed interviews / seminars
- Approx 5 hours, day/time is negotiable to suit candidate
In future, it may need the following type of remote support:
- Some one who can produce the short videos if they are given a transcript & images
- Ongoing remote technical advice and or coaching
Work hours / times are flexible and can be designed to suit the candidate
ABOUT DESTINATION SAFE EARTH
Destination Safe Earth is experimenting with a new model called #Research2Public which aims to bypass some of the limiting constraints of current Universities and research centres, and current mainstream media channels. It is fiercely committed to action on the #ClimateEmergency and avoiding dangerous climate change. Although a ‘business’ it has a philanthropic intent.
It’s objective is to provide the public information on climate and environmental research, in an accessible and engaging way. It currently does not have a revenue stream, but in future may sell books or find a way to monetize some content, which would allow more regular employment of multimedia talent.
The initial task is one-on-one coaching, which is ‘in person.’ Afterwards, multimedia assistance could be via phone/zoom and would allow a shift to work from home structure.
If the business is successful, it would be seeking multimedia support on a longer-term basis.
The job would suit this type of person:
- Multimedia student / practitioner who is seeking a small amount of work experience and income.
- They don’t necessarily need qualifications, but do need to demonstrate good videos that they have produced which are suitable for social media platforms.
- Someone who shares Destination Safe Earth’s concern for the environment, improving the world etc