Henderson Mowers & Chainsaws is a family owned and operated business dealing in power equipment from your largest brands in the industry. We have established a reputation in Ballarat for excellent service and workmanship for both sales and servicing. We are expanding our business and opening an additional store on Latrobe St which we are hoping to open in 2-3 months time and are currently looking for expressions of interest. it will feature an extensive spare parts area, showroom much larger than the current one and a workshop also. The workshop will require a head mechanic that will be in charge of its operation. This can be a highly stressful job in spring as we are one of Ballarat’s largest power equipment servicing stores and suppliers. although we don’t open for a few months you would most likely start at the current store a month earlier to learn how the system operates.
We are after an experienced mechanic preferably with some experience in the field working on Stihl Chainsaws, Briggs engines, Ride-ons, Zero-turns and more. Anyone with certificates in the brands we supply will be looked upon more favourably so if you are experienced in this area then please apply! Your duties will include:
– Working on industries leading brands such as Toro, Stihl, Honda, Greenfield, Victa, Cub Cadet and much more. We also work on other brands we do not sell.
– Great organisational skills as you will be in charge of the workshop
– Be able to communicate to customers efficiently and clearly as being a mechanic relies heavily on being transparent with your customers.
– can use computers as all jobs are written up on computers, ordering through computers and some equipment now is even run on computers.
– Work on ride-ons, trenchers, hedge trimmers, brushcutters, lawn mowers, chainsaws, generators, edgers, concrete tools, cylinder mowers and more.
– If you have not done training in the brands you will attend training days for brand certificates so you are certified in those areas as those training days become available.
– Also includes smaller jobs such as making sure booked in work is done each day, chain sharpens, ensuring jobs that have been pushed aside because parts have been ordered are completed when those parts come in.
If you are interested please send through your email and we will be in contact if we believe you are a suitable candidate.
Thank-you for reading our job application.