At McCallum, we work with people to create a life that works for them.
We make social impact where it matters. We are proud to be called home by our 50 residents who are supported by our professional and dedicated workforce to live as independently as possible and enable their goals.
To support our investment in disability housing, we now seek to recruit a Manager Accommodation Services.
With a portfolio of our homes under your leadership, you will be responsible for the oversight and management of operations. Reporting to the Executive Manager Accommodation Services and alongside a second Manager Accommodation Services, as a team you will deliver Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Programs. You must ensure that services are designed and delivered in accordance with NDIS service plans, contractual requirements and in alignment with the strategic direction of McCallum.
We have a number of non-negotiable attributes that you will need to be able to demonstrate to be successful in the role, as well as key selection criteria that are all laid out in our position description found on the careers page of our website:
- You will have demonstrated experience with a record of achievement in managing the delivery of NDIS service, ideally in housing and accommodation.
- You intrinsically understand the needs of people with disability, including a person centred approach, positive behavior support and consideration of whole of life supports.
- You will be a collaborative leader that recognises McCullum’s integrated services and champions an optimum experience for our residents.
- If we ask about you, we will be told that you are an effective people leader with a track record of building supportive and effective workplace cultures.
- You will have a love of people and the unique contribution that they bring.
- You are quality focused with high attention to detail and will not compromise when it comes to meeting compliance, safety and risk standards.
McCallum has a proud history of providing integrated disability services in the Ballarat & St Arnaud Communities of over 60 years. We have a vision of being recognised by customers as the eminent, integrated disability service provider that continually enriches lives. We do this by living our values: We do what is right, succeeding by working together and taking responsibility for our actions. We value everyone’s unique contribution and enable and empower each other to be able to achieve. To work with us, you will need to live these values too.
- Attractive remuneration and benefits, including the ability to salary package up to $15,900 tax free
- A passion for people and ensuring that they are developed to achieve their potential
- We’re open to ideas and employ a team of dedicated professionals that work collaboratively to achieve great outcomes. It really is an awesome place to come to work and feel you can contribute
At McCallum, we support a culture where individuals of any background feel included and confident bringing their whole selves to work. We aim to foster talent and empower our staff. To ensure that we attract the best talent, we are open to discussing flexible work arrangements.
To apply, please review our position description on our website www.mccallum.org.au/careers and submit your resume with a cover letter that tells us why you should be provided with this opportunity to lead our homes.
Please be advised that the successful applicant must complete a National Police Check and DWES review.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Lauren Baker, Executive Manager People & Culture on [email protected] to arrange a time.
Applications close Sunday 20th September 2020.
We are currently accepting direct applicants only, please no agency referrals.