At McCallum, we work with people to create a life that works for them.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created many new challenges for employers. The safety of our customers and staff has been our absolute priority over this time. We now seek to employ a dedicated OHS Advisor to provide additional support to assist us manage the ongoing requirements and risks.
You will do this by monitoring, updating and ensuring oversight of McCallum’s COVIDSafe policies and practices. The position also supports the development of a safety culture that is built on care and respect. You’ll also support the delivery of our wider work health and safety practices reviewing our policy framework, providing advice, education and compliance supports. We also ask that our OHS Advisor maintains the oversight of our organisational Risk Register, coordinating our Executive Team to regularly review and consider our key business risks.
Working in our People & Culture Team, you’ll have a passion for all things safety and get satisfaction from a job safely well done!
We have a number of non-negotiable attributes that you will need to be able to demonstrate to be successful in this role, as well as key selection criteria that is detailed in the attached position description.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- That you have relevant work experience in a safety focussed role and understanding of the Victorian OHS legislation, ideally backed up with a minimum certificate level qualification.
- That you know what it means to work in a COVIDsafe way, including how to access up to date information.
- That you can communicate important safety messaging in a clear, simplified and accurate way, tailoring your language to suit the audience.
- That you’re a systems and administration lover, who if we ask about will be told has superior organisation skills and the ability to prepare reports, policy and correspondence.
- That you understand business risks and have ideas for steps organisations can take to consider and mitigate them.
At McCallum, we support a culture where individuals of any background feel included and confident bringing their whole selves to work. We aim to foster talent and empower our staff.
Please have a read through our position description and if you believe you should be our OHS Advisor, apply below.
Note to be considered for this role you will need to register through Sidekicker on the Working for Victoria platform, click apply now to be taken to the website.