At McCallum, we work with people to create a life that works for them.
McCallum Linen is a commercial linen hire business that provides meaningful supported work opportunities for people with disabilities. To keep going through COVID-19 we have had to make significant changes to the way we do business. These changes however, have had great outcomes – as we’re now seeing opportunities to create even more work opportunities for people with disabilities.
We’re looking for a logistics management or production expert to join our team and oversee the flow of how we do things. You’ll be someone that can help us steady the ship with the introduction of our new work model, but then to work with us to define our ways of working.
You will enjoy consulting and collaborating with the workforce to enable lean and effective methods of linen production and dispatch. You’ll provide leadership, guidance and oversight for the production floor site, bringing them with you through change with the support of Executive Management.
We have a number of non-negotiable attributes that you will need to be able to demonstrate to be successful in this role, as well as key selection criteria that is detailed in the attached position description.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience developing efficient and effective work / production systems ideally using methodologies like lean production, Kanban or other contemporary systems of work
- Demonstrated understanding of efficient logistics, including timetabling, delivery and flow.
- Have managed or team lead a diverse team before. You’ll be committed to teamwork and the construction of a supportive, collaborative work environment with the ability to lead, supervise, coach and develop employees.
- You’ll also value the contribution of people with disabilities in employment and advocate for participation and inclusion.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to prepare reports, briefings and correspondence.
- Competent and capable administration skills including MS Word, Excel and Inventory Systems.
- Excellent organisation, time management, prioritisation and coordination skills.
At McCallum, we support a culture where individuals of any background feel included and confident bringing their whole selves to work. We aim to foster talent and empower our staff.
Please have a read of our position description for this exciting new role, and if you think it sounds like you – apply below!
Note to be considered for this role you will need to register through Sidekicker on the Working for Victoria platform, click apply now to be taken to the website.