At McCallum, we work with people to create a life that works for them.
The Supported Employees of McCallum Industries, our Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE) were drastically impacted by the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to have a significant need to support their transition to a COVIDnormal way of work and life.
The Support and Wellbeing Officer provides direct assistance to employees to create clear support plans that capture their work goals and aspirations, but also ensure that there is a plan for support whilst not at work, or in the event a lockdown occurs again.
As a Support & Wellbeing Officer you will have a caseload of employees with disabilities that you will work, their carers and other providers to create their individualised plans that meet their needs. Where necessary, you will also provide additional welfare and emotional support to ensure that any vulnerable supported staff member is feeling safe and reassured through this transition time.
Working as part of a team of 3 to assist our 100+ supported employees, come and join this fun, proactive and enjoyable workplace where you can genuinely feel that your contribution is making a difference in someone’s life. We’ve got a few non-negotiable attributes that you will need to be able demonstrate in order to be successful in this role:
- You’ll understand what it means to be ‘customer centric’ by putting their needs, thoughts, goals and desires of our employees at the heart of everything you do.
- You must be passionate about people and work to achieve the best outcomes, whilst also being compassionate for the challenges they may face.
- If we ask your last employer about you, you’ll be described as a brilliant people person, who is organised, structured and gets the job done.
- You’ll feel confident and capable learning customer record systems and have great communication skills to be able to write concise notes, reports and correspondence appropriate to the audience.
- We would love you to come from a Disability Background (ideally qualified) but also know that if you’ve worked in case management, community services or other support roles that we can teach you what you need to know.
At McCallum, we support a culture where individuals of any background feel included and confident bringing their whole selves to work. We aim to foster talent and empower our staff. To ensure we attract the best talent, we are open to discussing flexible employment options.
Please have a read through our position description and if you believe you would make a great Support & Wellbeing Officer, we would love to hear from you.
Note to be considered for this role you will need to register through Sidekicker on the Working for Victoria platform, click apply now to be taken to the website.