At McCallum we work with people to create a life that works for them.
McCallum Disability Services are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer who will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing. This role has a strong focus on system administration and will be required to contribute to the development and improvement of payroll related policies and procedures. This role reports to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the Executive Manager People & Culture to ensure calculations and payments are made in line with the relevant awards, agreement and legislation.
This role undertakes a variety of payroll tasks including;
- Checking and processing superannuation payments
- Calculating Long Service Leave entitlements
- Reconciling salary packaging
- Calculating and processing payroll adjustments for approval by the Financial Controller
- Preparing monthly payroll and statistical reports
- Responding to pay related queries from staff.
We have a number of non-negotiable attributes that you will need to be able to demonstrate to be successful in the role, as well as key selection criteria that are all laid out in our position description on careers section of our website.
- You will have experience performing end to end payroll in an autonomous role.
- You have demonstrated ability to interpret awards, agreements and legislation.
- You are confident in using and administering payroll packages (preferable Emplive and HR3)
- Attention to detail and accuracy are at the heart of how you do business. You develop systems and work flows to support the delivery of timely, effective and efficient outcomes.
- You love working as part of a dynamic team but own your work and be able to drive autonomous outcomes
McCallum has a proud history of providing integrated disability services in the Ballarat & St Arnaud Communities of over 60 years. We have a vision of being recognised by customers as the eminent, integrated disability service provider that continually enriches lives. We do this by living our values: We do what is right, succeeding by working together and taking responsibility for our actions. We value everyone’s unique contribution and enable and empower each other to be able to achieve. To work with us, you will need to live these values too.
- Attractive remuneration and benefits, including the ability to salary package up to $15,900 tax free
- A passion for people and ensuring that they are developed to achieve their potential
- We’re open to ideas and employ a team of passionate professionals that work collaboratively to achieve great outcomes. It really is an awesome place to come to work and feel you can contribute
- To ensure we attract the best talent, we are always open to discuss flexible work options.
At McCallum we support a culture where individuals of any background feel included and confident bringing their whole selves to work. Please note, to be a successful applicant you will be required to submit a National Police Check and a DWES review.
To apply, please head over to http://www.mccallum.org.au/careers and provide your resume and a cover letter that tells us why you would be suitable to join our Finance Team, in alignment with the Key Selection Criteria in our position description.
For a confidential discussion, you are welcome to call Eliza Munro, Financial Controller on 5338 9848.
Applications close Sunday 20 January 2020.