OEM ViridiAustralia's leading panel machining & coating company
Leading Australian timber panel machining and coating business, OEM Viridi, is offering an apprenticeship in CNC operating / wood machining.
The position will see you trained on the latest wood machining equipment including large capacity flatbed and pod style routing, machining and finishing technology.
The role involves hands-on operation as well as learning the ropes of CAD programming and design components to produce a range of products for the acoustic paneling, commercial and architectural fit-out and furniture industry.
You must possess strong maths skills and be highly computer proficient. A keen eye for detail, a strong interest in product design and development and a thirst for knowledge will combine to build your skills in this sought after trade.
Key job criterion:
· CNC routing, drilling and cutting operation
· CAD programming
· Edge and surface finishing
· Product development and prototype production
· Training to read and transfer architectural information to programming needs
· Understanding of machine tooling requirements
· Maintenance and cleaning of equipment
· Time management and planning
Successful applicants must:
· Have excellent communication skills
· Be team focused
· Be physically fit
· Take pride in your presentation
· Be reliable and punctual
· Be prepared to work cooperatively in a diverse team
This is an attractive apprenticeship for the right candidate in an exciting and diverse field. Qualification and the right attitude will present a range of career opportunities.
Please prepare a resume in the first instance accompanied by a short covering letter addressing the position description.