POSITION DESCRIPTION: Alumni Program Coordinator
TIME FRACTION: 2 days per week (9.00am-3.30pm)
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: 28/01/2021 – 27/01/2022
APPLY BY: 4pm, Wednesday, 2 December 2020
Ourschool is a not-for-profit organisation that helps public (state) high schools establish and build alumni networks to benefit a school’s students and a school’s community.
Ourschool is seeking to employ an Alumni Program Coordinator to establish and grow an alumni program at Ballarat High School. Ourschool is registered with ASIC and the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission.
For more information about Ourschool visit the website: https://ourschool.net.au/
Ourschool seeks to appoint an Alumni Program Coordinator on a part-time basis (2 days per week) in Ballarat. The role will be offered initially as a 1-year fixed term employment contract, with potential for extension.
Salary: 0.31 FTE of $70,000 FTE, plus 9.5% superannuation.
Expected work days: Thursday and Friday; 9am-3.30pm (Total 12 hours paid per week, with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break)
Annual leave: school holidays
The Alumni Program Coordinator will be based at Ballarat High School.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the Ourschool alumni program to Ballarat High School.
The focus of the work is inspiring, motivating and raising the aspirations of current students through the engagement of alumni in career pathway activities and curriculum-related activities organised by the Alumni Program Coordinator. This role does not involve organising reunions for past students.
The Alumni Program Coordinator’s role also includes finding a school’s alumni, administering and growing the school’s alumni database, organising communications with these alumni and reconnecting them with the school to build and support the school’s ongoing relationship with its alumni. The Alumni Program Coordinator works closely with key teaching staff and principals to deliver and grow the Ourschool alumni program at the school.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Ourschool CEO and will interact with a range of alumni, the school principal and leadership team, school staff and students at Ballarat High School.
The duties of the Alumni Program Coordinator include but are not limited to; proactive alumni database maintenance, event planning and administration, communications and marketing, including social media, in order to engage the school’s alumni community and build a supportive alumni network for the school and its students.
· Building and engaging the school’s alumni community by phone, email and social media and by meeting alumni to involve them in the school’s Ourschool alumni program. This will be done by implementing the Ourschool alumni development program and meeting its key performance indicators (KPIs);
· Providing regular progress reports to your Ourschool line-manager and designated school principal/leaders at your partnership school;
· Proactively connecting with alumni and recording their details to the school’s alumni database; keep database updated;
· Event planning – identifying and engaging alumni volunteers to take part in alumni career pathways sessions and facilitating these Q&A sessions;
· Finding innovative ways to help the school actively involve their alumni in school life and curriculum-related activities;
· Writing, editing and designing engaging internal and external communications to send out on behalf of your partner school e.g. alumni newsletters
· Delivering occasional presentations to senior leadership teams of schools; school staff meetings;
· Actively promoting and advocating for the Ourschool program;
· Taking part in evaluations of the Ourschool program and the program at your designated school.
Applicants are requested to present a written response to the key selection criteria below:
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to tailor communication style to a wide variety of stakeholders;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to school staff and students;
· High level of attention to detail; be a self-starter
· Ability to work to tight deadlines, take the initiative and organise workload independently;
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with a positive, flexible approach;
· Demonstrated project/time management skills;
· Knowledge and experience of social media, including Facebook and LinkedIn; understanding the importance of professionalism in your online communications;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
· Friendly, warm, energetic disposition, with a welcoming and helpful personality;
· Ability to communicate with enthusiasm and warmth to all sectors of the school community, and to build strong positive relationships with key stakeholders;
· Ability to motivate others and act as a positive role model;
· Commitment to improving opportunities for students in public schools;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
· Ability to demonstrate initiative, imagination;
· Willingness to learn, be open-minded and to adapt to new ideas;
WHO MAY APPLY:
Individuals with the aptitude, experience and/or qualifications to fulfil the specific requirements of the position. The following attributes are desirable:
· Degree qualified (tertiary degree) in marketing or communications or journalism or education or relevant work experience.
· Experience in the following roles is favourable but not essential; alumni relations, journalism, communications, marketing role, school teaching or a similar role in an education-related or community-building field.
· Experience of working with teachers, students in schools is a plus.
· The successful applicant will be required to undergo and obtain a Working with Children Check. A Working with Children Check is essential for this role.
EEO AND OHS COMMITMENT:
Ourschool is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment, bullying, vilification and victimisation. We make decisions on employment, promotion and reward on the basis of merit. Ourschool is committed to all aspects of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and to providing all staff with a safe, respectful and rewarding environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment, vilification and victimisation.
CHILD SAFE STANDARDS:
Ourschool is committed to child safety protocols and policies that promote the safety and wellbeing of all students. All Ourschool staff are required to abide by Ourschool’s Child Safety Policy and have a current Working with Children Check as a requirement of their employment.
All applicants for this position must have the right to work in Australia.
Only those candidates selected and short-listed for interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place in December.
Enquiries regarding the position can be directed to Caroline Milburn, CEO Ourschool, on 0433 975 577.
Applications must include a cover letter. To apply for this position email your CV and a cover letter by no later than 4pm 2/12/20 to Caroline Milburn, Ourschool CEO, at [email protected]
Responses to the key selection criteria and a CV, including the names of three referees, including their contact details (phone and email), must be included in the application.