Nestled in the temperate grassland plains of Western Victoria, between Ballarat and Geelong, Western Plains Pork is a progressive business which has been providing high-end, top quality, welfare friendly pork products throughout Australia for more than 20 years.
We are currently looking for an experienced stockperson to join our business to continue our successful operation into the future.
Working across the Breeding, Farrowing and Grower sections of our business, this full-time role will involve a range of tasks, including the operation of tractors, telehandlers and other farm machinery, as required. Weekend rosters will also be included.
The Right Person:
- Previous experience within the pork industry, ideally 3-5 years in a similar role
- A strong knowledge of OH&S and safe work practices
- The ability to communicate and build relationships with everyone in the business
- A strong work ethic and a passion for the work you do
- Problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
- The desire to be part of a close-knit team
- A Manual Victorian Driver’s License
- Own transport and willingness to travel daily to Rokewood/Mount Mercer
- A certificate 3 in Pork Production (Agriculture) will be highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to work in a close-knit team and really make this role your own
- A long-term career pathway will be available for the right person in our growing business
If you are an experienced Stockperson looking to take the next step in your career and this role sounds like you, apply today to learn more about our business and this exciting opportunity. All enquiries will be kept confidential.