15/17-21, MELROSE AVENUE, SYLVANIA, 2224 · 0481 509 504
Email · LinkedIn Profile · Online Portfolio
I am a talented, well-rounded, and disciplined worker with a strong academic background, working in Sydney on a Working Holiday Visa (expires February 2019). I possess considerable experience and diverse, transferable skills in data entry, receptionist duties, and general administration, in addition to a strong command of MS Office. I have a well-developed sense of independent learning and research, a target-driven mentality, and a strong ability to bond with colleagues and clients alike.
MA History with Merit, University of Nottingham
A one-year period of intensive independent study in research methods, principles of publishing and editing, and politics in medieval Europe. 20,000-word thesis on 12th-Century Sicily.
BA History with Honours, 2:1, Lancaster University
Modules included: history of Islam, medieval Sicily, early modern England, the Crusades. 11,000-word dissertation on medieval Byzantine army and themes of racial profiling.
October – November 2018
Remote Service Consultant, ANZ
– Provided dedicated front-end telephone Level 1 IT support to ANZ customers during a busy transition period, actioning requests through email communication with great punctuality and professional courtesy, and forwarding calls as required.
– Liaised with a large in-office team as well as external staff to resolve issues related to individual clients. Advised colleagues on best approaches to situations and passed on feedback of service and online platform to relevant personnel.
August – sEPTEMBER 2018
General Clerk, NSW Department of Finance, services and Innovation
– Took a leading role in a project to collate data through MS Excel related to space optimization across all occupied floors within the office environment.
– Carried out mailroom duties, actioning requests for outbound couriers by booking and authorizing the delivery and receipt of packages and all other mail.
– Actioned requests to schedule appointments and meetings, arranging the booking of rooms through MS Outlook, and pre-registering guests through PassagePoint.
– Maintained and updated filing system of meeting records, and performed additional ad hoc responsibilities including maintenance of utility rooms
July – August 2018
Front Desk Receptionist, McCarroll’s Automotive Group
– Maintained a log of customers through Excel, chasing up with sales personnel and managers to gather all relevant information to ensure a complete record.
– Actioned requirements of appointees and walk-ins, referring them to the relevant personnel in the building with the highest professional courtesy.
– Liaised with Stock Control Officer to place online orders for office supplies, signed for packages and collecting outgoing mail, and maintained upkeep of showroom floor.
May – July 2018
Admin Assistant, Wesley Lifeforce
– Established a new Microsoft Dynamics-based CRM for the company and managed the migration of vast quantities of data from the old system.
– Categorized and systematically organized all files, improving the overall operation effectiveness of Wesley LifeForce’s CMDB.
March – May 2018
Typist & Data Entry Operator, NSW Office of Environment and Heritage
– Created detailed transcripts of handwritten evaluations and notes from workshops, recording results in MS Word and Excel, and produced a portfolio of documents to form the basis of consultation for new draft legislation.
– Mapped out requirements of participants in workshop discussions through MS Excel and improved upon configuration standards by isolating common themes and ideas.
October 2017 – February 2018
Farm Hand, Advantage Labour Resources
– Completed an expansive project to maintain six vineyards and prepare them for harvest, taking on leadership responsibilities, training new workers and encouraging teamwork, demonstrating quick-thinking resolution and strategic forward planning, while holding myself personally accountable for following H&S procedures.
– Maintained an Excel spreadsheet for private use, using macros to calculate hours worked and net payment, to chart progress towards eligibility to visa.
May – August 2017
Data Entry Clerk, Honan Insurance Group
– Oversaw the speedy and accurate transfer of vast quantities of data through company CRM, completing an extensive process to renew thousands of securities bonds for strata organizations and private individuals.
– Using validation tools to implement corrections that improved overall data quality.
June – December 2016
Copywriter & Publications Editor, AI Global Media
– Created and maintained extensive editorial calendars, commissioning, writing and editing brand-specific copy for six online B2B e-magazines.
– Delivered asset services to meet customer’s contracted demands, maintaining regular communication with clients through email and mail merges and over the phone, and developed strong professional relations with industry contacts through regular interactions.